Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Blacksmith

I am so excited! My seriously awesome husband got me a Blacksmithing class for Christmas and it starts this Thursday. I have always been fascinated by metal work and I am really looking forward to pounding on some hot iron!
In related news, I actually got an opportunity to go out this weekend alone (blissful) and I wandered into this little thrift shop I have been meaning to checkout and found this.....


Isn't he awesome.. He's called The Welder. I had to have him and the price was right so of course he came home with me.

I love art especially unusual portraits. I've never seen anything like him. I think I am going to hang a copy of Longfellow's The Village Blacksmith beside him. That poem is so beautiful..

Under a spreading chestnut tree
The village smithy stands;
The smith a mighty man is he,
With large and sinewy hands...



No comments:

Post a Comment