Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Mountain Buggy's Freerider fits Kolcraft Contour Options Lt



I wanted a stroller board so that my oldest would have the option of hoping on and off instead of being constantly strapped in.
When I saw Mountain Buggy's Freerider- the stroller board that converts to a scooter...I was blown over by the concept!

Of course there was no info on whether this stroller board would fit the Options Lt. I called mountain buggy customer service and was told that they hasn't tested the Options Lt for fit... So I spent way too much time looking at the stroller specs and installation instructions for the freerider. I concluded that it would probably work with the included connector so I crossed my fingers and ordered it ($99 on Amazon).

Conclusion it fits with some caveats...

Details:

The freerider installs via connector to the axel of the Options Lt no problem.

You can still engage the brake on the stroller.


The rider has plenty of room as long as the back seat is facing the parent.
Recommended
Not Recommended

Since you install the scooter to one side of the stroller it doesn't really interfere with the available legroom of the backward facing rider.


The connector doesn't interfere with folding the stroller.

I also purchase a stroller handle extender so I wouldn't have to change my stride when we used the freerider. You can use the freerider without one you just have to push a bit from the side. Not really a problem but a tad annoying ( to me).


The free rider easily comes off and you can just flip the back wheel and voila!... you have a cool little beginner scooter.

Caveats:
Because of the brake configuration on the Options Lt you can't leave the scooter attached to connector and fold it up and out if the way when your not using it. I resolved this by hanging the scooter as shown in the instructions and attaching the bottom of the scooter to the stroller axel via a small bungee cord...this has worked pretty well so far.



















No comments:

Post a Comment